An Online SBI account with viewing rights, permits the account holder to view their account statement and perform limited online tasks. But the major benefit of Online SBI internet banking that is fund transfer through NEFT, RTGS, or IMPS, cannot be enjoyed by the account holder with viewing right permissions.
This limitation of not being able to perform fund transfer in Online SBI or Yono SBI app can be removed by upgrading the access level from viewing rights to full transaction rights. So now let’s learn how we can upgrade access level from viewing rights to full transaction rights.
What does full transaction rights in SBI mean: An account with full transaction rights will be able to perform online transactions through IMPS/ NEFT / RTGS mode
|View Only||Limited Transaction||Full Transaction|
|No transfer facility||Transfer funds within own accounts opened under the same CIF||Third Party Transfer|
|Cannot create e-TDR/ e-STDR/ e-RD||Create e-TDR/ e-STDR/ e-RD||Create e-TDR/ e-STDR/ e-RD|
Table of Contents
Upgrade Access Level to Full Transaction Rights in Online SBI
With the Online SBI account itself, you can upgrade the access level to full transaction rights without visiting the home branch. But to do so you need to have a mobile number registered with your bank account. And if you do have a mobile registered with your account then you are eligible for upgrading the access level to full transaction rights online without the branch visit.
- To upgrade the access level login into your Online SBI Internet Banking Account
- Navigate to Request & Enquiries –> Upgrade/Downgrade Access Level
- Under the Upgrade Access Level, tab select the account number for which you want to upgrade the Access Level, select Full transaction rights from the dropdown option and click on the submit button
- Alternatively, there is also an option in the drop-down menu which is Limited Transaction Rights. But with the limited transaction rights, the account holder will able to perform fund transfer within own accounts opened under the same CIF and can create e-TDR/e-STDR/e-RD whereas, in Full Transaction Rights, you can avail all the facilities given on www.onlinesbi.com such as third party transfer, interbank transfer, bills payment, etc.
- On clicking the submit button on the next screen you will be prompted to enter a High-security transaction password which will be sent on your registered mobile number, just enter the OTP/High-security transaction password and click on the confirm button
- Once your click on the confirm button, in the next screen you will get a message saying “Your request for up-gradation of rights for the account selected by you has been accepted and it may take one hour to activate the same in our records”
That’s it you are done upgrading access level of your SBI Internet Banking from viewing rights to full transaction rights through the Online SBI portal.
In the same manner, anytime if you want to downgrade the access level of you account from Full Transaction to Limited Transaction Rights or View Only Rights or Limited Transaction Rights to View Online Rights then it can be done from the Online SBI Internet Banking portal itself.
Downgrade Access Level in Online SBI
- To downgrade the access level of your SBI Account, visit the Online SBI Internet banking Portal
- Log in with your credentials
- Once you are logged in, just go to Request & Enquiries
- Under the Request & Enquiries page, just click on the Upgrade/Downgrade Access Level
- From the Upgrade/Downgrade Access Level page, just click on the Downgrade Access Level tab
- The current access level set for your account will be displayed under the Current Access Level tab
- Select the account number from the list of which you wish to downgrade the access level
- And from the drop-down option Downgrade Access Level to, select the access level which you wish to downgrade to Limited Transaction right or View Only
Once selecting the new access level, just click on the submit button
One-Time-Password will be sent on your registered mobile number, which you need to enter the enter OTP field and click on the confirm button
On the next screen, a message will be displayed “Your request to downgrade the access level for the selected account has been accepted successfully and the same will be updated within 24 hrs.”
The new access level will be successfully applied to your selected account within 24 working hours.
Manage Transaction Rights from SBI YONO app
If you are a YONO app user then SBI account transaction rights could also be managed through its app itself. For downgrading or upgrading the account transaction rights, it’s not necessary to have access to Online SBI or Internet banking facilities.
To upgrade your account level access through the SBI YONO app, follow the below instructions.
- Launch the YONO SBI app on your smartphone, make sure you have registered on it
- Login with your account entering the desired MPIN which you have set while setting up your account
- Once you are logged in, go to Service Request > Settings
- On the settings page, just tap on the Manage Transaction Rights
- Under manage transaction rights page, you will need to select your account from the list of accounts menu
- Select your account from the list
- Once selecting your account, your current transaction rights will be displayed below
- Just tap edit rights under current transaction rights to change it
- On the next page, you will be asked to enter your internet banking profile password
- Enter your SBI Online Internet Banking profile password and tap on the Next button
- On the next page, all three transaction rights will be displayed such as Full Transaction rights, Limited Transaction Rights and View Only Rights
|You can upgrade or downgrade to any of the Online SBI Transaction Rights as mentioned below|
|Upgrade from View Only Rights to Full Transaction Rights|
|Upgrade from View Only Rights to Limited Transaction Rights|
|Upgrade from Limited Transaction Rights to Full Transaction Rights|
|Downgrade from Full Transaction Rights to Limited Transaction Rights|
|Downgrade from Limited Transaction Rights to View Only Rights|
|Downgrade from Full Transaction Rights to View Only Rights|
- Select any of the transaction rights for which you want to upgrade or downgrade, tick mark on the checkbox of “I have read, understood and agree to abide by Terms and conditions of SBI” by tapping on it and tap on the confirm button
- A pop-up message will appear regarding the successful transaction right changes
You have successfully changed the access for your account, and the updated transaction rights will be reflected in next login session. You will also receive an email on your registered email id as well as a message on your registered mobile number regarding the changes in the transaction rights in your account.
Upgrade Downgrade Transaction Access Level in SBI Account from YONO
SBI YONO web portal is discontinued w.e.f 1st December 2021.
Similarly as you manage transaction rights from SBI YONO app, it can also be managed without the YONO app by accessing the YONO Portal.
The method of managing transaction rights from the SBI YONO Portal is the same as we discussed in the YONO app section. But still for your reference and to get an idea, lets find out how to upgrade or downgrade transaction access level in SBI Account through YONO Portal.
If you have your Online SBI Credentials with you then, with the same credentials you can login into the SBI YONO Portal. The only advantage of managing the transaction rights at SBI YONO Portal is that you can upgrade or downgrade your transaction rights, which is not possible at Online SBI portal.
To Upgrade or downgrade Transaction access level in SBI Account from YONO Portal, you need to visit the official SBI YONO Website https://www.sbiyono.sbi/
Just click on the login button and login with your SBI Online Internet banking username and password
Once you are logged into the SBI YONO portal, click on the menu and go to settings
On the settings page you will find Manage Transaction Rights, just click on that
On the manage transaction rights page you need to select your bank account for which you want to upgrade or downgrade the transaction rights
On selecting your bank account, the current transaction rights assigned to your account will be displayed
To upgrade or downgrade the transaction rights, just click on the edit rights button
Once pressing the edit rights button, you will be moved to enter profile password page
You need to enter your internet banking profile password and click on the next button
On next screen that is edit transaction rights, all three rights will be displayed such as Full transaction rights, limited transaction rights and view only rights
Select any of the rights to which you want to upgrade or downgrade for your account, tick mark on the terms and conditions checkbox and click on the confirm button
On the next screen a success message will be displayed stating transaction rights has been changed for your account
To reflect the changes in your account, it could take 1 hour.
Enable Transaction rights for SBI Internet Banking through the Branch
If none of the above online options helps you to upgrade access level of Online SBI Internet banking, then you can resort to the last method that is by visiting the branch.
You can upgrade your Online SBI internet banking account access to full transaction rights by submitting an application form to your home branch. You can get the SBI transaction rights application for free at the branch or you can even write an application by yourself and submit it to the branch.
Below is the SBI transaction rights application format, which you can submit by duly filling with your details to upgrade your account access to full transaction rights.
Download the above SBI transaction rights application format, take a printout of it or you can digitally fill the form before and take a printout or else after taking printout you can even fill the form with a pen.
Visit the home branch along with this form and submit it
Your request will be taken for upgrading the access level of your SBI Account and the changes will be updated in your account within 4 -5 working days.
How to Check Access level in SBI
The current transaction rights assigned to your State Bank of India internet banking can be checked on the YONO SBI app or YONO SBI Portal.
- To know your access rights of SBI Internet banking, install the YONO app on your phone and set it up using your internet banking credentials
- Launch the SBI YONO app > enter the MPIN > tap on hamburger button menu > Service request
- On Service request page, tap on Settings and go to manage transaction rights
- On the manage transaction rights, select your account of which you want to view or check the access level
- On Selecting the bank account, your current assigned transaction rights will be displayed
- If you want to know your account transaction rights without installing any apps on your phone, then you need to access SBI YONO portal
- Log in with your internet banking credentials
- Click on the menu button > Settings > Manage transaction rights
- On the Manage transaction rights, you need to select your bank account from the list
- Once you have selected the bank account, your current assigned transaction rights which is access level will be displayed
Why I am getting "You do not have an account to upgrade the access level" error while upgrading access?
If you are receiving a message “You do not have an account to upgrade the access level”, then this means your account already has full transaction rights.
What to do if I receive an error "unable to process your request" while upgrading the access?
This is a technical error that may occur rarely. You may try to upgrade the access after a while or after a few days.
Can minor account upgrade access level rights to full Transaction?
Account opened in the name of minor shall not be permitted Internet Banking facility. However, the natural guardian of the minor shall be permitted to use Internet banking with Limited Transaction rights. So the account of a minor cannot upgrade the access level to full transaction rights.
Are there any charges applicable by SBI to upgrade or downgrade transaction rights?
No, there is no fee applicable by SBI for upgrading or downgrading the account access level transaction rights. However, for initiating fund transfer through IMPS, NEFT, and RTGS, you will be charged by the bank as per the applicable fee.
Why I am getting "Your previous request for upgradation is pending. Please check after sometime" while upgrading the access?
This means you have already submitted a request for the upgrade earlier. Once the first request gets processed, you would be able to place a new request. So you will need to wait for 1 hour or until the pending request gets processed.
How much time does SBI takes to make changes to upgrade access level?
Once submitting the request for upgrade access, it takes 1 hour to reflect the necessary changes in the transaction rights.
While doing funds transfer I am getting an error "you don't have necessary rights to do the transaction from this account"?
This means, your account transaction right is set to limited or view only. To do the transactions from your account you need to upgrade the access level to full transaction rights. If you have already changed the access to full transaction and still you are getting this error, then you need to wait for 1 hour after submitting the application to get it successfully processed.
How to downgrade access level in SBI account?
You can downgrade the access level of your SBI account from full transaction rights to the limited transaction or view only rights or from limited transaction rights to view only rights through the YONO SBI app or YONO SBI Portal or Online SBI.
You can refer to the above steps mentioned in the post if you want to downgrade the access level in your SBI Account.
While accessing fund transfer in Online SBI I am getting an error "You are on Viewing Rights. To upgrade your access to Transaction Rights, please go to Requests & Enquiries > Upgrade Access Level"?
This error means your account access level is set to viewing rights with which you cannot initiate any type of fund transfer. To do fund transfer you need to first upgrade the access as explained in the above article.