The need for changing or updating the address in a bank account could arise on several occasions like you might have shifted to a new place, or you might have bought a new house. So in such cases changing or updating the address in bank accounts becomes very essential.
Getting communication or permanent address updated in your Axis Bank Account is not a big issue if you have valid address proof documents available with you. So in this article, we will let you know how to change or update the address in Axis Bank Account whether it is communication or permanent address.
Nowadays everything is going on digital platform and India is also moving towards initiative called Digital India, so Axis Bank is allowing its customers to get their address or any other details updated via Axis Bank Internet banking Mode. However, those who are uncomfortable with online Axis Bank Internet banking mode can always opt for the traditional method that is by visiting the branch.
So in this post, we will be going to discuss both the modes on how to change or update Address in Axis Bank Account.
Table of Contents
Change or Update Address in Axis Bank Account through Internet Banking
- To change or update your address via Axis Bank Internet Banking, just log in to Axis Bank Internet banking using your user id and password.
- Once you are logged in, just navigate to services and under that click on Insta Services.
- To access the Insta Services page you will have to go through the authentication process which will send you OTP that is NeSecure code on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the received OTP that is Net Secure Code in the field and click on the proceed button.
- A new page will be popped up which will contain Profile, Contact, and Account.
- Just click on the Contact tab and under that, you will get option Update Communication Address, and Update Permanent Address.
- If you want to update both Communication Address, and Update Permanent Address then you will have to update it one by one by selecting it.
- On Selecting Update Communication Address or Update Permanent Address it will display your existing address.
- So to update the address just click on that address and a new screen will open where you will get fields to enter your complete address.
- Just enter your complete address as it is in your address proof document and click on I agree to terms and conditions and update it.
- Make sure the address which you have entered should exactly match the address proof document or else your address update request would get rejected due to mismatch error.
- On next page it would ask you to upload Proof of Address Document like Driving License, Aadhaar Card, Passport or Election Card.
- Make sure you have these documents ready scanned on your computer or laptop, just upload the document by selecting the appropriate document name and click on the update button once the document successfully gets uploaded.
On submitting you will get an on-screen message saying success your request to update your permanent or communication address will be processed in 1 working day and request reference number will also be mentioned on it.
Update Address in Axis Bank Mobile app
Individual customer or Sole proprietor account holders in Axis bank can update their registered address with bank through Axis Mobile app. To update address with your axis bank account through Axis Mobile app, you don’t need any additional service to be activated. But to access Axis Mobile app you should have your mobile number registered with your bank account.
So now let’s begin with the process to register or update the address in Axis bank account through the Axis Mobile banking app.
- Download and install the official Axis Mobile app from the app store
- Setup your account, by entering the necessary details
- Once you are registered, just log in to Axis bank mobile app
- Just scroll down from the homepage and tap on My Details under Services section
- In My Details, just tap on update button from communication/ permanent address section to update the address
- On the next page, tap on the Contact section
- Tap on Update communication/ permanent address
- On the next screen your current address will be displayed
- Tap on the address to edit the address
- Enter the new address as per your address proof documents and tap on the submit button
- On the next page, you will need to upload the documents of address proof
- Once uploading the documents, just tap on the submit button
- On submitting you will get a success message displayed
Your address will be updated within 1 working days, upon verification by the bank.
Change of Address through Branch
This process of updating address in Axis bank account by visiting branch can be availed by entity/ sole proprietor of current account holders as well by Individual customers of savings account holders.
To update your communication and permanent address in your Axis Bank Account, you will have to gather any one of the address proof documents from below list:
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Election Card
- Electricity Bill/ Water Bill/ Landline Bill (not more than 3 months old)
- Take any of these document along with you and walk into Axis Bank Branch
- Request at the branch that you want to change your address in your Axis Bank Account
- Bank Executive will provide you an application form to update the address, however, you can even download the CUSTOMER REQUEST FORM online and take a printout
Axis Bank Address Change Form
- Fill up the form, enclose the address proof documents and submit it to the branch
- Bank will verify the documents and details and upon verification, your address in Axis Bank Account will get updated.
- You will receive SMS on your registered mobile number stating the new address has been successfully updated in your Axis Bank Account.