Pairing Error in Tata Sky is a very common issue. This problem usually occurs when you recharge your Set-Top box after a long period of time since deactivation.
If you are experiencing such a problem in your Tata Sky, when you turn ON your set-top box, you won’t be able to view any channels instead it will throw an error as below in a black background.
This is the wrong card for this set top box
NDS No.: XXXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX X
Digicard ID is XXXX XXXX XXXX
Switching through different channels also won’t resolve this error code 14 pairing issue. The error on the screen says you have inserted the wrong card for this set-top box which leads to this pairing issue, but in reality, the card is the same which you used to use with the set-top box.
The reason of occurring this pairing error in your Tata Sky may be numerous, but it can be fixed by yourself without calling the Tata Sky engineer or spending any penny.
Table of Contents
Turn ON Set-top box and keep it running
If you are experiencing pairing error 14, keep the set-top box turned ON for few minutes like 10 – 30 minutes.
If the error goes away and you are able to view channels then the problem is fixed.
If your issue gets fixed by following this solution then it means your set-top box was having difficulty in retrieving the data from the Tata Sky database.
So when you keep the set-top box turned ON for several minutes, the set-top box will attempt to retrieve the data from the database.
If this is not working for you, then you may follow the next process.
Cleaning Tata Sky Digi Card
The pairing error in your Tata Sky Set-top-box may have occurred due to dust buildup on the chip of the Digi Card. So whenever you get such an error, the first thing which you should do is
- Turn off the set-top box
- remove the Digi Card and clean it with a soft cotton cloth
- Once cleaning the card, re-insert it into the slot
- Turn on the set-top box and see if you are able to view the channels
- If you are still getting the same error, then keep the Set-Top box turned ON for 10 – 15 minutes
If you are still unable to view any channels, then you may try the next solution.
Refresh the Tata Sky Set-top-box State
If you have recharged your Tata Sky connection after a long time and you are getting the pairing error 14 then you need to refresh your set-top box.
To refresh the Tata Sky Set-top-box state:
- Turn ON the Set-top box
- From your registered mobile number dial the below number and give a miss call
- After giving the miss call to the above number, make sure you don’t turn off the set-top box
- Keep it turned ON for several minutes like 10 – 30 minutes
If the error message disappears and starts showing channels, then it means you have successfully fixed this error.
If still the problem persists then you may follow the next process.
Reset Tata Sky Set-top box
If none of the above steps worked, then the final process left is resetting your Tata Sky Set-top box.
- Press the setting button on remote
- Go to system settings displayed on the screen
- Under system settings, go to master reset
- A warning message will be displayed saying “This option will restore your set-top box default settings”, to proceed just select Yes, go-ahead
- Your set-top will restart, you need to choose the preferred settings.
If you are able to view channels, then the issue has been fixed.
If still the issue persists then, you need to contact Tata Sky Customer Helpline number.