Pairing Error in Tata Play formerly known as Tata Sky is a very common issue, its also known as Tata Play Error 14. This Error usually occurs when you recharge your Set-Top box after a long period of time. When a connection is not recharged for a longer period, Tata Play puts that connection into a deactivation mode. And when you try to turn on the same set-top box that is when, you may come across this error even though you may have recharged your connection.
When you TURN ON the Set-top box you will be unable to view any channels, and instead it will show an error as you can see in the below black background.
This is the wrong card for this set top box
NDS No.: XXXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX X
Digicard ID is XXXX XXXX XXXX
Such error of code 14 pairing issue cannot be resolved by switching through different channels. The error on the screen says you have inserted the wrong card for this set-top box which leads to this pairing issue, but in reality, the card is the same which you used to use with the set-top box.
The reason of this pairing error in your Tata Play may be numerous, but it can be fixed by yourself without calling the Tata Play engineer or spending any penny.
Table of Contents
Possible Solution for Tata Play Pairing Error
Turn ON Set-top box and keep it running
If you are experiencing pairing error 14, keep the set-top box turned ON for few minutes like 10 – 30 minutes.
If the error goes away and you are able to view channels then the problem is fixed.
If your issue gets fixed by following this solution then it means your set-top box was having difficulty in retrieving the data from the Tata Play database.
So when you keep the set-top box turned ON for several minutes, the set-top box will attempt to retrieve the data from the database.
If this is not working for you, then you may follow the next process.
Cleaning Tata Play Digi Card
This step of cleaning Tata Play Digi Card may not be applicable for all, as the latest Tata Play Set Top Box comes with inbuilt Digi Card which is non removable. If you are having older versions of Tata Sky Set Top Box which had removable Digi Card then you can try this fix on such boxes.
The pairing error in your Tata Play Set-top-box may have occurred due to dust buildup on the chip of the Digi Card. So whenever you get such an error, the first thing which you should do is
- Turn off the set-top box
- remove the Digi Card and clean it with a soft cotton cloth
- Once cleaning the card, re-insert it into the slot
- Turn on the set-top box and see if you are able to view the channels
- If you are still getting the same error, then keep the Set-Top box turned ON for 10 – 15 minutes
If you are still unable to view any channels, then you may try the next solution.
Refresh the Tata Play Set-top-box State
If you have recharged your Tata Play connection after a long time and you are getting the pairing error 14 then you need to refresh your set-top box.
To refresh the Tata Play Set-top-box state:
- Turn ON the Set-top box
- From your Tata Play registered mobile number dial the below number and give a miss call on the below Tata Sky Refresh Miss Call Number
- After giving the miss call to the above number, make sure you don’t turn off the set-top box
- Keep it turned ON for several minutes like 10 – 30 minutes
If the error message disappears and starts showing channels, then it means you have successfully fixed this error.
If still the problem persists then you may follow the next process.
Reset Tata Play Set-top box
If none of the above steps worked, then the final process left is resetting your Tata Play Set-top box.
- Press the setting button on remote
- Go to system settings displayed on the screen
- Under system settings, go to master reset
- A warning message will be displayed saying “This option will restore your set-top box default settings”, to proceed just select Yes, go-ahead
- Your set-top will restart, you need to choose the preferred settings.
If you are able to view channels, then the issue has been fixed.
If still the issue persists then, you need to contact Tata Play Customer Helpline number.