The Ratnakar Bank limited (RBL) has introduced a new type of zero balance savings account product named RBL Abacus Digital Savings Account.
RBL Abacus Digital Savings Account can be instantly opened online without visiting branch at the comfort of your home by using Aadhaar Number and PAN Card. With RBL Abacus Digital Savings Account you will get features like Higher Interest Rates, Unlimited ATM Transactions and many more things.
So in this article we will guide you on how to open RBL Abacus Digital Savings Account.
Table of Contents
Procedure on How to Open RBL Abacus Digital Savings Account
- To open RBL Abacus Digital Savings Account visit open RBL Abacus Digital Savings Account page by clicking here.
- Once you are on the page just scroll down and click on Apply for Savings Account.
- On next page you will have to select your city, branch, enter mobile number, email id, aadhaar number, pan card and click on I’m not robot and solve the question.
- Once done with captcha, just accept the conditions mentioned above and click on continue button.
- Next you will receive OTP on your Aadhaar Registered Mobile Number, just enter the OTP in next page.
- Once you submit all your aadhaar details will be loaded with your photograph, address, name etc.
- Just enter all the details asked in the form like Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Nominee Details and click on submit button.
- Next you will receive OTP on your Aadhaar registered mobile number, just enter the OTP Code and click on submit button.
- Your new RBL Abacus Digital Savings Account details will be mailed to you and also you will be intimated by SMS.
- You will also be receiving your Welcome Kit soon on your address, containing your personalized Debit Card.
This is how easily you can Open RBL Abacus Digital Savings Account.
You should note down that RBL Abacus Digital Savings Account opened with Aadhaar OTP aggregate balance in your accounts (including fixed deposits) should be within Rs.1,00,000/-, total amount credit in a financial year should be within Rs.2,00,000/-, and in-person verification should be completed within 1 year of account opening.
Can i open this type of account if i have opened kotak 811 account
On RBL site its mentioned that with Aadhaar OTP you can only open one account with any banks. But still you can open such accounts, it will not deny you from creating a account.
After opening the account on the website? What’s the next steps for in person verification? How should we ask for in person verification ?
RBL Abacus Digital Account opened with Aadhaar OTP has following limitations:
• Aggregate balance in your accounts (including fixed deposits) to be within ₹100,000/-
• Total amount of credit in a financial year to be within ₹200,000/-
• In-person verification to be completed within 1 year of account opened
In order to operate your account without any limitations/restrictions you need to visit bank in-person or fix a appointment with bank to collect copy of your KYC document and Signature to update in records. The activity would require minimal documentations and needs to be completed within 1 year from date of account opening. The account requires to be closed if it is not completed within timelines as per guidelines
Do I need to apply separately for a debit card after opening the RBL account online ?
Greetings from RBL Bank! We note that you have not submitted your KYC Documents. As per RBI regulations, you will not be able to use your deposit A/C’s linked to Customer ID after 1 year of opening the account. Please visit your nearest RBL Bank branch and submit your KYC Documents at the earliest.