PAN Card is mandatory while you open bank account, but in case if you don’t have PAN Card yet than still bank account can be opened without it. But once you apply and get your PAN Card you can link it to your Bank Account.
So here in this article we will guide you out on how to Link PAN Card with SBI Account. Banking without linking PAN Card will have limitations to your financial transactions like you can’t deposit money into your bank account above ₹ 50000/- at a time and if your annual interest from Fixed Deposit or Recurring Deposit is above ₹ 10000/- than bank will deduct TDS at 20% or maximum marginal Rate whichever is higher instead of 10%.
So today in this article let us know how to link PAN Card with SBI Account Online as well as Offline. We will mention both the methods to link PAN Card with SBI Account, you can use any of these methods which is as per your convenience
Process on How to Link PAN Card with SBI Account Online
If you want to link PAN Card with SBI Account Online without visiting branch than for this you should have SBI Online Internet Banking Service Enabled, and if you still don’t have SBI Internet Banking Service Active than you can register for it right now by clicking here.
- Just login into your Online SBI Internet Banking Account by entering your username and password by clicking here.
- Once you are logged in into Online SBI Internet Banking Portal just click on Profile tab.
- Profile page will display many options, so from those options just find PAN Registration and click on it.
- On next page you will be asked to enter your profile password, just enter in your profile password and click on submit button.
- On PAN Registration Page your bank account number will be displayed and in below fields you will have to enter your PAN Card Number. To confirm your PAN Card you will need to re-enter PAN Card in re-enter PAN Card field and click on submit request.
- Your request will be forwarded to branch for processing and the request will get processed within 7 days by branch.
- You can check the status of your PAN Linking with SBI Account by clicking on Status tab.
That’s it this is how you can link PAN Card with SBI Account Online through Online SBI Internet Banking.
Process on How to Link PAN Card with SBI Account Offline
- To link PAN Card with SBI Account Offline you will have to visit your branch in which you maintain your bank account.
- Make sure you have took your PAN Card and Passbook along with you while visiting the branch.
- Request for PAN Card Updation KYC Form at the branch and fill in all details asked in the form and enclose your PAN Card Photocopy, make sure you have self-attested on PAN Card Photocopy.
- Submit the form along with the PAN Card Photocopy at the branch.
- That’s it your PAN Card Linking request with SBI Bank Account will be processed by branch in 7 Days.
This is how easily you can link PAN Card with SBI Account by visiting branch.