As per Government directive it is mandatory to link Aadhaar with Mobile Number. All existing Airtel Customers will have to do Aadhaar Re-Verification by 6th Feb 2018, and in case if the customer don’t complete this process before the due date than the services of that mobile connection will get restricted.
So it is best to get Aadhaar linked with Airtel Mobile Number as soon as possible, and to those who still don’t have Aadhaar Card they should apply for one as soon as possible and get it linked to their Airtel Mobile Number if they want to keep their Airtel Number Active.
Below is the complete procedure which you will have to follow if you want to link Aadhaar with Airtel Mobile Number.
Procedure on How to Link Aadhaar with Airtel Mobile Number
- Linking Aadhaar with Airtel Mobile Number is free of cost service. All you need is your Aadhaar Card and Mobile Number whether it may be postpaid or prepaid connection you should get it linked with Aadhaar.
- Take Aadhaar Card and Mobile Number along with you and visit nearest Airtel Store or Retailer.
- Provide your 12 digit UID Number and your Airtel Mobile Number to the concerned operator at the store.
- On your Airtel Mobile Number you will receive one time password via SMS, if it is data card Airtel SIM or Data Device Tablet SIM than you will receive the OTP on your registered alternate mobile number.
- Provide the OTP Received to the Operator, than your biometric details like fingerprints will be captured for verification purpose.
- Once this step is done your linking Aadhaar with Airtel Mobile Number is done, now you will receive confirmation SMS about Aadhaar linking within 24 hours.
You have successfully done linking your Aadhaar with Airtel Mobile Number. Roaming customer will have to get the Aadhaar verified in their respective home circle.