As per Department of Telecommunication instructions BSNL and MTNL has started the process of linking existing customers Aadhaar with their BSNL or MTNL Mobile Number. If you don’t want to lose your BSNL or MTNL Connection than it is mandatory to link your 12 digit Aadhaar Number with your Mobile Number or whether it may be your Data Card Connection.
In case if you still don’t hold Aadhaar than visit nearest Aadhaar Center and get enrolled for Aadhaar Card as soon as possible, and once you receive your Aadhaar Number you can link your Aadhaar Number with your BSNL or MTNL SIM Card by following this same procedure.
Below is have explained how to link Aadhaar Number with BSNL or MTNL Connection, whether it may be postpaid or prepaid you will have to get your Aadhaar linked with your Mobile Number.
Procedure on How to Link Aadhaar Number with BSNL or MTNL Connection
To link your BSNL or MTNL Connection with your Aadhaar Number keep following things ready with you:
- Aadhaar Card
- BSNL or MTNL Mobile Number
- Take your Aadhaar Card and your BSNL or MTNL Mobile Number and visit nearest BSNL or MTNL Outlet, Retailer or Store.
- Ask the agent that you want to re-verify your connection with Aadhaar e-KYC.
- You will have to provide them your 12 digit Aadhaar Number and 10 digit BSNL or MTNL Mobile Number.
- You will receive OTP on your mobile number, just provide that code to the agent.
- Next for biometric verification your fingerprint will be captured, once it gets authenticated successfully you have finished with the process on linking your Aadhaar with your BSNL or MTNL Mobile Number.
- You will receive confirmation SMS on your BSNL or MTNL Mobile Number saying “Your request for Re-verification of Customer Record for: 9876XXXXXX with Aadhaar e-KYC registered. TO confirm SMS “REV YES”, to cancel “REV NO” to 53734 within 2 days. NO response will be treated as accepted.
- So to proceed with linking of your Aadhaar with BSNL or MTNL Number just reply with Yes.
- That’s it you have successfully got your Aadhaar Number linked with your BSNL or MTNL Mobile Number.
Linking Aadhaar with BSNL or MTNL Mobile Number is free of cost service, the agent or store person will not get charge a single rupee for this process.