From Jio inception they have been providing Connection to its subscribers by completing Aadhaar e-KYC so most of its subscribers may not worry about hassles in liking their Aadhaar Card Number with Jio SIM Card.
But few subscribers might have got Jio Connection without completing Aadhaar e-KYC by giving regular address proof and proof of id documents, so these subscribers of Jio will have to go through the process of linking Aadhaar with their Jio Mobile Number to keep their connection active. If you still don’t have applied for Aadhaar than it will be better to apply for it as soon as possible so that once you get your Aadhaar Number you can link it to your Jio Mobile Number before the deadline.
As per DoT instructions your Jio No. XXXXXXXXXX needs to be re-verified through Aadhaar based E-KYC process. Please isit nearest Jio Store/Retailer with your Aadhaar Card to complete mandated E-KYC process.
Thank you, Team Jio
Below is the complete procedure which you will have to follow to keep your connection active by linking your Aadhaar Number with your Jio Mobile Number.
Procedure on How to Link Aadhaar Card with Jio SIM Card
If you had not completed Aadhaar eKYC when getting connection of Jio it may be Prepaid or Postpaid or Data Jio SIM of JioFi or Jio Mobile SIM, you will have to follow below steps to link Aadhaar with Jio.
- To link your Jio Mobile Number with your Aadhaar Number, take your Aadhaar Card and Jio Mobile Number or JioFi Device at nearest Jio Store.
- Provide the 10 digit Jio Mobile or Jiofi Number and 12 digit Aadhaar Number to the Jio Staff.
- You will receive One Time Password on your Jio Number, just provide that code to the staff.
- Than your thumbprint will be captured for verification, once the authentication is successful you have successfully linked your Aadhaar Card Number with your Jio Connection.
- You will receive confirmation SMS regarding Aadhaar Jio link on your mobile number.