State Bank of India is one of the famous, best and largest banking sector in India. If in case you don’t want to continue using your SBI Bank Account than you can easily get it closed. There might be numerous reasons behind opting to Close SBI Account like misbehavior of SBI Branch Staff, increasing bank charges, multiple bank accounts it might be difficult to manage them all, etc.
Most people might be searching out how to close SBI Account Online or how to close SBI Account without visiting branch or how to close SBI Account through Online SBI Net Banking, but with any of these methods you can’t close your State Bank of India Savings/ Current or Salary Account. So to close SBI Account you will have to visit your branch. So now let’s get started with the process on how to close SBI Account.
Steps on How to Close SBI Account
- Visit SBI Branch with your SBI Passbook, SBI Debit Card, and Cheque Book (if available).
- You will also need Proof of Address and Proof of Identity documents, just take photocopies of these documents and self-attest on it.
- Ask the branch manager for State Bank of India Account Closure Form.
- Just fill in the details asked in the form like name, account number, mobile number, reason of closing account, select the option through which you want to receive your balance amount from cheque, cash, or transfer to bank account.
- Sign on the form, and enclose your Proof of Identity Document Photocopy, Proof of Address Document Photocopy, SBI ATM cum Debit Card, SBI Passbook, and SBI Cheque Book.
- Submit the form with documents, SBI ATM cum Debit Card, SBI Passbook, and SBI Cheque Book to the bank.
- Once your application is processed, your bank account will be closed instantly and you will receive the balance amount through selected source like Cash, Cheque or Bank Transfer.
That’s it this is how easily you can close your State Bank of India Account.
Leave a Reply