Are you planning to get hold of Credit Card? Is your low salary, low credit score or low income or no income making you ineligible to apply for Credit Card?
Than here we have an option with which you can get Guaranteed Credit Card without worrying about your credit card application rejection. Credit Card against fixed deposit which are also called as secured credit card can be applied by those who have who do not meet the income criteria, students, people who has low credit score or no credit history, People who have just started earning, People who live in an area that the lender has blacklisted, or People who are employed by organizations that are blacklisted by the lender or have a bad reputation.
So today in this post we will guide you out on How to Apply for HDFC Bank Credit Card against Fixed Deposit.
Procedure on How to Apply for HDFC Bank Credit Card against Fixed Deposit
The procedure to apply for HDFC Bank Credit Card against Fixed Deposit is very simple, just you need know following facts below applying for HDFC Bank Credit Card against Fixed Deposit.
- You will have to open minimum ₹20,000/- Fixed Deposit in order to apply for Credit Card against Fixed Deposit.
- Your Credit Limit of your Credit Card will be 75% of your Fixed Deposit Amount.
- Credit Card against Fixed Deposit in HDFC Bank doesn’t require any additional documents to be furnished like income proof, ITR, etc.
- You can’t close your fixed deposit until you surrender or close your Credit Card, as FD will be marked lien. Cardholders will continue earning interest on their fixed deposit.
So now let’s get started with the procedure on How to Apply for HDFC Bank Credit Card against Fixed Deposit.
- Just visit HDFC Bank Branch where you hold your HDFC Bank Account, if you don’t have HDFC Bank Account yet than you will have to open one.
- Ask the HDFC Bank Manager that you want to apply for Credit Card against Fixed Deposit.
- They will ask you to open Fixed Deposit, you can open Fixed Deposit as per your need. Whatever amount Fixed Deposit you open you will get 75% credit limit in your Credit Card, so think wisely and open.
- You can open Fixed Deposit Online via HDFC Net Banking or at the branch itself.
- Once opening fixed deposit, HDFC Bank Manager will fill up your HDFC Bank Credit Card Application Form, and you will be asked to sign on the form wherever it is needed.
- Depending on your Fixed Deposit Amount and your Credit Limit of your Credit Card they will give you options to choose from HDFC Credit Card Variants.
- In my case I booked 1 lac Fixed Deposit and my credit limit was ₹75,000/- so they have me options HDFC Freedom Cashback Credit Card, HDFC Bharat Cashback Credit Card and HDFC Money Back Credit Card.
- Depending on your usage pattern choose from the Credit Card options provided to you. The Bank Manager will tick mark the Credit Card Variant on the application form which you have applied.
- Once your application is received you will receive SMS on your phone saying “We acknowledge your HDFC Bank Credit Card Appln XXXXX check status on post 4 days under ref XXXXXX”
- So you can keep tracking your application by visiting HDFC Portal by entering your HDFC Credit Card Application Number which you received through SMS.
- In 15 to 20 working days from day of application you will get your HDFC Bank Credit Card against Fixed Deposit delivered to your door step through courier.
That’s it this is how you can apply for HDFC Bank Credit Card against Fixed Deposit.