In our previous article we discussed how to request New SBI ATM Debit Card Online and Offline. And here in this post we will be discussing how to activate SBI ATM Debit Card Online if you have recently received it.
Once you receive your SBI ATM Debit Card you can’t use it online or for any ATM transaction as it should be activated first. And for security reasons State Bank of India don’t send Activated SBI ATM Debit Card via Courier.
In past once you receive your card you would have to visit branch to get your SBI ATM Debit Card Activated and to get the PIN of your SBI Card, but here in this post we will explain you how to activate SBI ATM Debit Card Online without visiting your branch.
Steps on How to Activate SBI ATM Debit Card Online
- First of all unwrap the SBI ATM Debit Card package which you received and take out your State Bank of India ATM Debit Card.
- Just login into Online SBI Internet Banking by entering your User ID and Password.
- Once you are logged in into your account from your Internet Banking Homepage top tab just click on e-Services.
- Under e-Services from left pane menu just click on ATM Card Services.
- In ATM Card Services you will be able to see many option, just click on NEW ATM Card Activation. (Remember to carry out this task you will need full transaction rights and if you don’t have full transaction rights than learn how to upgrade your SBI Internet Banking Access to Full Transaction Rights)
- On next page New ATM Card Activation just select your account number and in below field enter ATM Card Number fill in your NEW SBI ATM Debit Card Number and again in Re-Enter ATM Card Number fill in New SBI ATM Debit Card Number to confirm and click on Activate Button.
- On next page you will get to verify details and confirm the transaction, so if all details are correct just click confirm button.
- You will receive high security transaction password on your registered mobile number, just enter that password in enter high security password field and click on confirm button.
- On next page you will get message saying ATM Card has been activated successfully.
- That’s it you have successfully activated your SBI ATM Card Online without even visiting the branch.
Next you will have to set ATM PIN for your New SBI ATM Debit Card, to know just read our tutorial How to Generate SBI ATM Debit Card PIN.