Changing your Registered Mobile Number (RMN) in Tata Play DTH (Tata Sky) is very simple, as it doesn’t require you to physically visit TATA Play store or it does not need you to wait for days or months before making the changes. Instead, you can instantly get your registered mobile number changed in your Tata Play within few clicks online with an existing registered mobile number or without a registered mobile number.
RMN full form in Tata Play (Tata Sky): RMN denotes registered mobile number. Which means mobile number which you had provided to register with your Tata Play DTH Connection.
Table of Contents
Benefits of having a mobile number registered with Tata Play DTH?
Having mobile number registered with Tata Play enables you to receive notification of your balance, latest offers, activate/ deactivate services in one go via SMS, add/ remove channels, order showcase movies and many more. Also contacting customer care via registered mobile number is very quick and doesn’t need you to complete any additional verification.
This post is truly dedicated to how to change RMN of the tata sky, so by referring to this article you will know how the process works to change registered mobile number in Tata Play.
Change Registered Mobile Number in Tata Play Online
Tata Play mobile number change online feature provided by TATA Play DTH allows a subscriber to easily change their mobile number registered with Tata Play within few seconds. But the only limitation here is if you have lost your mobile number registered with Tata Play and earlier if you have not signed up on tataplay.com then you won’t be able to do the changes via this online method.
But in case if you were already registered on tataplay.com and now if you have lost your registered mobile number, then in such case you can still use this method and get your mobile number changed to new ones.
Visit Tata Play Official Portal by accessing the URL https://www.tataplay.com/
On the next screen just select Existing Customer to login
On clicking Existing Customer option, the next page will display two options Go to my account and Look for other offerings
On the next screen you will need to input your Subscriber ID / Registered Mobile Number and click on the Continue button
One Time Password will be sent on your registered mobile number, which you will need to input in the field and click on the Continue button
Once logging in, just click on your name on the top right corner of the page
This will list out several options, just click on My Account and this will again list out various option
Here you need to click on Personal Details
Personal details option will take you to the page View and edit your personal & contact details
All your personal and contact details would be displayed on this page including your current RMN with Tata Play DTH
To change your registered mobile number in Tata Play, just click on the edit button which is displayed below the page
Then in Registered Mobile No (RMN) *: field, remove the existing mobile number and enter your new mobile number
Once entering a new mobile number, just click on the Save button which you will see on the bottom of the page
On the next page, a message will be displayed saying Your request has been accepted and will be processed soon!
That’s it you are now done changing registered mobile number in Tata Play and now you will be able to do SMS based transactions and recharges on this new registered mobile number.
Change RMN in Tata Play app
- To change your registered mobile number in Tata Play app, install the Tata Play app on your phone
- Once you are done with installing the tata play app, just launch the app by tapping on it
- To make any changes in your account, you will need to first login into your account
- So to login but tap on the login button which you can see on the homepage of the app
- You can log in with your tata play Subscriber id or registered mobile number, so enter the details and tap on the continue button
- You will receive one-time-password on your registered tata play mobile number, you can enter that OTP and login into your account
- In case if you don’t have the mobile number then you can log in with a password by tapping on the “Login with my tata play password”
- Enter your password and tap on the continue button to login
- Once you are logged in, just tap on my account logo which you can see on the top right corner of the app
- By default, you will get landed to account details page, you need to scroll the options on top and tap on the profile
- On the profile page, just tap on edit profile option
- On the next page, all your contact details will be displayed
- To change RMN of tata play, you need to delete the existing mobile number displayed under RMN and enter the new mobile number which you wish to register
- Once entering the mobile number just scroll down and tap on the Save button
Your profile will successfully get updated with the new mobile number which you entered.
In case your RMN is lost which was registered with Tata Play and you have not been earlier registered on Tata Play Website then you can use the alternative method which is mentioned below to change your registered mobile number in Tata Play.
Update Tata Play Registered Mobile Number (RMN)
This method of changing or updating Tata Play registered mobile number is favorable to those who have lost their existing registered mobile number. You won’t need to be signed up on Tata Play portal to change the lost registered mobile number, however to change the RMN you should be in-front of the Tata Play Set-top box.
So now let’s learn the complete process to update Tata Play registered mobile number in case it is lost.
- To update registered mobile number with Tata Play visit https://www.tataplay.com/rmn
- On visiting the above link, a page will open with a form
- In the Update Your Registered Mobile Number (RMN) form you will need to feed in your Tata Play Subscriber ID (if you don’t know your subscriber id then you can refer the Subscriber Card or press the yellow button on your Tata Play remote and select account status)
- In the next field, you will need to enter the new mobile number which you wish to update or register with your Tata Play connection
- In the next field, you will need to enter 4 digits codes which can be obtained by pressing the yellow button on your tata play remote and go to My Info tab > Your RMN to find your 4 digit code
- Enter the 4 digits code and click on the submit button
That’s it, the new mobile number will successfully get updated with your Tata Play connection
Change RMN through IVR
- To change mobile number using IVR, call on 1800 420 5577 using your new mobile number which you wish to register with your Tata Play account
- Enter the subscriber ID when prompted on call
- And when you are asked to enter 4 digit code, just press the yellow button on your tata play remote and go to My Info tab > Your RMN to find your 4 digit code
- Enter the displayed 4 digit code and your new mobile number from which you are calling will be successfully registered with your Tata play.
How to change RMN on Tata Play via Customer Care or Support
- Just Call Tata Play Helpline, request then that you want to change your RMN linked with Tata Play
- They will then ask you verification questions like Name, Address, Pin Code, etc. to verify you
- Once successfully verifying yourself, they will take your request for a change in the mobile number and it would be updated in your account in the next 24 – 48 hours.
This method to change mobile number with Tata Play Connection can be used even when you are not registered on Tata Play Portal.
How many times can I change rmn in tata play?
There is no limits or restrictions set on changing registered mobile number in Tata Play. You can update or change the RMN in Tata Play unlimited times.
Can I have more then one mobile number registered with Tata Play?
A customer can register only one mobile number with Tata Play. However tata play also provides to add four contact numbers, one home phone and one work phone, but they won’t be considered as registered mobile number.