An auto-debit or auto-pay facility is one of the best features offered by each and every bank. Enabling auto-pay feature not only saves you from keeping track when to pay your credit card bill but it also eliminates you from incurring bank charges + interest on non-payment of credit card bill on the due date.
Table of Contents
What does Auto-debit or auto-pay feature does?
Having this feature enabled called auto-debit or auto-pay automates the process of Credit Card bill payment on the due date. This means automatically on the due date of your credit card bill, the due amount would be automatically debited from your linked bank account and the Credit Card bill payment will be cleared.
Enabling auto debit facility for Credit Card also helps to save your time and efforts made to issue a cheque every month towards the payment of your Credit Card dues. You can automate the process of paying your Credit Card dues directly from your bank account, but for that you need to authorize bank to claim the amount directly from your bank account every month and it will credit your Credit Card Account on the payment due date.
So below we have explained how you can activate or deactivate auto-debit facility for Credit Card of all banks.
Activate Auto Pay for HDFC Credit Card
In HDFC bank the auto-debit feature is provided by name auto pay facility. Only the name differs here in HDFC bank, but the feature is same as Automatic debit payments.
- To activate auto-pay in HDFC Credit Card Online, go to HDFC Net Banking portal and login with your customer id and password
- Once you are logged into internet banking portal, navigate to cards tab
- Under Credit Cards option click on Request > Auto pay register
- Select the credit card from list and select account number that is your HDFC bank account from which amount can be deducted
- From Payment Type: select from Total Amount Due or Minimum Amount Due. To pay your complete credit card statement due just select the total amount due and click on the continue button.
- On next page a confirmation will appear Do you want to confirm the Autopay register transaction?
- Just click on the confirm button
- On the next screen a message will be displayed stating “The Autopay register transaction has been successfully transmitted.”
Your Autopay request will be activated within 7 working days. If your payment due date is within the next 7 days, you need to pay your card statement in the usual mode (net banking/ cheque/ cash/ phone banking). Your nominated bank account would be debited within 5 working days from your payment due date for paying your Credit card statement balance.
You need to maintain sufficient balance during the due date period to enable bank to carry out your instruction.
Deactivate Auto Pay for HDFC Credit Card
In case if you don’t like this feature or don’t want your balance to be automatically debited with this feature from your bank account then there is an option to stop this facility. But once stopping this facility you will have to keep track of your Credit Card bill due date as you will need to manually make the payment of your Credit Card bill payment before the due date or else you would be liable for bank interest charges for missing the bill payment.
So below we have mentioned the complete process which will guide you throughout, on how to deactivate auto-debit in HDFC Credit Card Online.
- To deactivate auto pay in HDFC Credit Card Online, just visit HDFC Net banking portal and login with your customer id and password
- Navigate to Cards tab
- Under Credit Cards option click on Request > Auto pay De-register
- Select the credit card from list and click on the continue button
- On the next page a message will appear “Do you want to confirm the Autopay de-register transaction?”, just click on the confirm button.
- On the next screen a message will be displayed stating The Autopay de-register request has been accepted and will take 3 working days for the de-registration to be processed.
Enable Auto Debit Facility for ICICI Credit Card
To enable the auto-debit facility for ICICI Bank Credit Card online, you should have Internet Banking facility enabled.
- If you already have an Internet banking facility than just login to your ICICI Bank Internet Banking Portal. If you have still not enabled Internet Banking facilities for your ICICI Bank account then register for it by following our guide to Register for ICICI Internet Banking Online.
- Once you are logged in into your ICICI Bank Internet Banking, just navigate to Credit Cards Section by hovering on Cards and Loans
- On the Credit Cards section page from the left-hand side menu, click on the Auto Debit Setup
- From Auto-Debit Instructions select your card, set up auto-debit to yes, select your bank account number, and select mode from minimum amount due or total amount due. (If you have enabled minimum amount due it will pay the minimum amount on the due date, and if you have enabled total amount due it will pay the total amount on due date).
- Once selecting all proper options just click on submit button
- On next page you will get auto-debit instruction confirmation, just confirm it and click on the submit button
- On clicking submit button you will get a message saying your request has been submitted
You can even enable auto debit on your ICICI Credit Card through the ICICI Bank’s iMobile Pay app. To register for Auto Debit through iMobile app, install the ICICI iMobile Pay app on your phone.
Once installed the app, setup your account in it.
Launch the app iMobile pay, from the home screen tap on the Cards & Forex
All your Credit Card’s will be displayed on this page
Tap on the card which you want to register for auto-debit
On next page, your card will be displayed
From here just tap on the Manage Card tab
Scroll down the option and tap on Register for Auto Debit
On next screen of Register for Auto Debit page, you need to select from Min Amt Due or Total Amt Due
To pay the Total Amount Due on your card on the Due Date, just select Total Amt Due and tap on the submit
Next screen will be a Pre-Confirmation page, to confirm you need to just tap on the submit button
A Note will appear, Your Auto Debit registration has been completed successfully
That’s it you have successfully enabled automatic debit facility for ICICI Bank Credit Card, your auto-debit instruction will be recorded instantly and executed from your next credit card statement date.
Disable Auto Debit for ICICI Credit Card
If you want to de-register the Auto-Debit Instructions for your ICICI Credit Card then you are free to disable it anytime.
- To disable auto-debit instructions enabled on your ICICI bank credit card, log in to your internet banking account using customer id and password
- Once you are logged in, just go to Cards and Loans > Credit cards
- On the Credit card page, on the left hand side menu, just click on Auto Debit Setup
- From the Auto Debit Instructions page, select your credit card for which you want to disable the auto-debit feature (in case of multiple cards), by default the Auto Debit will be set to no (so here you don’t need to do any changes), by default the bank account will also be selected, mode option doesn’t matter here as you are de-registering the auto-debit facility
- Just click on the submit button
- The Auto-Debit Instructions Confirmation will appear, to proceed you need to hit on submit button
- On the next page, your request successfully submitted will be displayed
To cancel the auto debit in imobile app, login to your iMobile Pay app.
Go to Cards & Forex
Tap on the card displayed from the list
It will present your Card details on next screen, here you need to tap on the Manage Card tab
Scroll down and under more options tap on Deregister
Activate Auto Debit for Axis Credit Card
- To start Auto debit on your Axis Bank Credit Card login to Axis Bank Internet Banking using your customer id and password
- Once logged into internet banking account, go to Accounts > My Credit Cards
- Your Credit Card will be displayed on the page
- If you are holding multiple credit cards then select the card from the list, if you are holding only one card then by default the card will be selected
- Under more services, drop-down option, select Auto Debit Setup and click on the go button
- On the Auto Debit Setup page, your current status that is “You are not registered for Auto Debit Activation” will appear
- To activate the auto-debit facility, just click on the activate button which is appearing at the bottom
- On the next page you will need to select your debit account from which you want your Credit card due amount to be deducted, and then from the below auto-debit option select from minimum amount due or total amount due (This option allows you to place a standing instruction on the selected account and automatically debit the amount due (TAD/MAD) on the credit card on the due date.)
- You need to select the total amount due to clear the entire due on your credit card through auto-debit service. If you select minimum amount due then the minimum due will be deducted through auto-debit service but you will be charged interest on not paying the due amount by the bank
- Click on the Next button
- To confirm activating the auto-debit service, you need to enter the NetSecure Code sent on your registered mobile number and click on the confirm button
- Your Auto-debit request will be successfully processed, and the same which is Total Amount Due or Minimum Amount due will be automatically deducted from your Savings debit account on the due date.
Request for Auto Debit facility on Axis Credit Card from Branch
If you don’t have access to internet banking service or Axis Mobile banking, then the auto-debit facility can also be activated by visiting the branch.
To request for Axis bank auto-debit for a credit card, you need to walk into the home branch with your banking details.
The Axis bank auto-debit facility for Credit Cards form can be obtained from the branch, however, the form can also be downloaded online.
Once you download the form, take a printout of it
Fill up the form with your details as asked in the form.
Once filling up the form entirely, you will need to submit this form at the branch for your request to be processed
After submitting the form, your request for Axis bank auto debit facility on Credit Card will be activated within 24 hours.
Deactivate Auto Debit for Axis Credit Card
- For deactivating auto debit feature for axis bank credit card, login to your internet banking account
- Go to Accounts > My Credit Cards
- Your Credit Cards will be loaded on the page, if you are holding multiple cards then select the one for which you want to stop auto-debit. If you are holding only one credit card then by default the card will be selected
- Under more services drop-down menu select Auto Debit Setup and click on the go button
- As you have enabled auto debit on your Axis Bank Credit Card, a message will be displayed “You are Already Registered for Auto Debit Activation”
- To stop auto-debit from Axis bank account, just click on the Deactivate button
- De-Activate option would remove the standing instruction to auto-debit the due amount on credit card from the selected savings account
- Netsecure code that is OTP will be sent on your registered mobile number which you need to enter in the NetSecure Code field and click on the DeActivate button
On the next screen Success! Your auto debit deactivation request is submitted message will appear
If you don’t have internet banking facility with your Axis Bank account or if you don’t want to visit the branch then you can also register or de-register for auto-debit facility on your Axis Credit Card by calling from your registered mobile number on 18605005555